Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my friends list is bigger than yours

I steal all my topic ideas from other people


I just read the most recent post by my friend and future roommate. In it she mentions facebook and it's affect on young people today and their relationships. And I have to say, I agree with everything she said. These sites take something that traditionally requires years of building trust and sharing moments and reduce them into petty Internet games of grab-ass where you try to get as many friends as possible. An ex-girlfriend told me that I just don't get it. And I guess I never will. My friends list is small. My facebook is rarely signed on to. And the only people that I actually interact with on there are the same people I interact with in real life. It's more of an extension of tools for sharing, not for replacing true feelings with emoticons.

Enough of that. On to more interesting things, like the fact that I went skiing for the second time in my life on Sunday (no thanks to Merd...jk) I have to say, I've fallen in love with it. I've been skiing for a grand total of two days, and I can already tell I'll be doing it for the rest of my life. It's so much fun. I can't wait to go again this Sunday.

*currently listening to Jack make copies on the machine right outside my door while he watches me blog instead of doing work.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

you're going again this sunday?!?! take me with you!!