Tuesday, February 26, 2008

almost the home stretch

I scheduled for most of my classes today. I'm pretty excited about it. I have Mondays off and only one class on Fridays. However, I do not have my grad course scheduled yet.

This term is the start of the real deal. Up until now I treated college like high school. I did enough just to get by. Granted, getting by for me were A's and high B's. But still, I never worked too hard on anything. But now it's starting to get serious. How I do in school is going to affect more than just my GPA. It's going to affect the rest of my life. This is where I find out if I'm cut out to be an engineer. This is where I find out what I want to do with my life. It's time to start taking things a bit more seriously.

But I'm honestly not too worried. I've never had a problem finishing what I started. I never really look at something and say "it's too much." I just look at it as what has to be done and I do it.

This term I start the BS/MS program. Basically I'm dropping 4 undergrad classes and adding a crap load of graduate courses. So for the same price and the same period of time, I will graduate with both a bachelor's degree and a master's degree. Woot. Smart move really. Considering that it'll be 6 years of college by the time I get out of here. I'd like a little more than a BS to show for it.

No comments: