Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Danger Fish Designs

What do you think of that name? I think I'm going to name my bags that. Maybe I'll develop some kind of cool angry fish logo to put on them. I was orignally thinking of "Tharper" as the name, but I don't know. It doesn't sit well. Feels awkward to say.

I'm so excited to go home and make my bags. I tested the melting plastic idea and it worked really well. This is going to be great. I have so many color combination ideas and ideas for logos. It's gonna rock. AND my ultra bff is going to hang out with me all day and help me make them. I'm excited. Makes me miss the old times with her, but that's a whole other story.

Speaking of friends from home...my other really good friend almost drowned over the weekend. Here's what happened. There is this road leading into Duncannon, the town he lives in. This road goes underneath some railroad tracks and consequently is dug pretty deep down to make clearence. This area also happens to be where the Juniata and the Susquehanna rivers meet. So when it rains any good amount, this section of road (dubbed the "subway") floods, sometimes pretty bad. Usually when it does, PennDOT closes the road down until it drains out. But for some reason, this time they didn't. They got a lot more rain back home than we did here, so of course the subway flooded. He's driving back from Wal-Mart at like 2am (it's all we country kids have to do at night) and he's headed towards the subway. It's not lit...for whatever reason...so he doesn't notice the 3' of water sitting in there and drives right into it. The only problem (other than the fact that he just swamped his car and can't move it) is that it's still raining and the water is still rising...fast. He can't open the door or the window because they're automatic and the water shorted them out. He calls 911 and police are on their way. But he's still stuck in there. He fights with the window until he finally gets it low enough to crawl out. At this point the water is up to his chin. He climbs out onto the roof and awaits rescue. By the time they got there, the water was over the roof of the car. He just bought the car two weeks ago too. He's alright, but damn, what a story to tell at parties, right?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

WOW THAT SUCKS. I was like, holding my breath reading that. PHEWW